my fabric area was starting to get a bit out of control and i couldn’t spend enough time folding fabric to make my shelves look organized. i’ve seen some of the fancy fabric mini bolts, but with over 200 types of fabrics i couldn’t justify 5.99 per bolt. below you’ll see a tutorial on how to organize your fabric for less than 10 dollars.
1) you’ll need some comic storage boards. i used the 7 1/2 by 10 1/2 because it worked out perfectly with my shelves. i found these at a local comic book store and they were 7.99, they are all over the internet if you don’t live by a comic book store.
2) i took all of my fabric onto the floor, so that i’d have enough space. i folded the fabric twice the long way, you really can fold it whatever way you’d like, just as long as it’s not wider than the comic board.
3) fold the fabric about half way over the board
4) start rolling it over, and over.. and over, and over..
5) once you get close to the end, fold over a corner
6) tuck and pin
7) your fabric should look something similar to this.
8) organize on your shelves (my favorite part)